Top 5 Tools to Format SD Card on Windows
Nowadays SD cards are a part of most devices. Today's youth click lots of photos and lots of videos for their creativity. This photo and video make their memory to remember last forever, so SD Card is the medium that we can store over a media file in it.
But sometimes over devices are running out of storage due to a number of files or data present in that. So you need a format for a particular device. So here we will give the top 5 SD Card formatters for windows.
Best 5 Solution to Format SD Card
1. SD Card Formatter
The SD Card Formatter handles SD memory cards in conformity with standards specified by the SD Association.
In actuality, it's the authorized tool for formatting any SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, as recommended by the SDA.
Before formatting, it's essential to backup any important data in your SD memory card. It is strongly suggested to use an SD Card formatter to get the best performance from your SD Card.
Steps to Format SD Card With the SD Card Formatter Software
While Windows arrives with some tools that assemble it easily to format an SD card, you may be looking for a simpler, better advanced, or more automated mode of going about the method.
Step 1 - Firstly Download the SD Card Tool.
Step 2 - Start and Run the SD Card formatter.
Step 3 - Choose the drive letter for the SD Card.
Step 4 - Choose the format.
Step 5 - Click yes to confirm the format process.
- Assist to install on Windows OS and macOS
- Easy to use while strong enough to format various types of memory cards
- Show "Protected Area" for SD card protection purposes. It does not format the saved SD card
- Serve as an SD formatter tool only
- Lack of regular software optimization
2. EaseUS Partition Master
Performing in the market for over a decade, EaseUS Partition Master wants a long and heightened reputation in the field of computer disk & partition management.
It's developed based on Windows Disk Management & Windows Command Prompt but arrives with additional practical and progressive management solutions, including disk formatting.
You can easily operate the format option to determine file system incompatibility or corruption issues on SD card, SDHC card, SDXC card, USB flash drive, pen drive, HDD, SSD, and all the famous storage drives.
What makes it the highest choice to format an SD card on Windows 11/10 include the following pros and cons.
Steps to Format SD Card With the EaseUS Partition Master
Step 1 - Right-click the external drive or USB you intend to format and select Format.
Step 2 - Set the Partition label, File system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4/exFAT), and Cluster size, then click OK.
Step 3 - Click OK to continue.
Step 4 - Click the "Execute Operation" button and click Apply to format the hard drive partition.
- The format SD card in every path that native tools can
- Format SD card when Windows can't format due to limitations in FAT32
- Include but not restricted to disk formatting, it shows the most disk management functions than multiple rivals: Migrate OS to HDD/SSD, delete the partition (s), resize partition, wipe partition, convert between GPT and MBR/dynamic and primary, convert to NTFS without erasing data
- It accomplishes support a Mac version
3. Windows File Explorer
Press Windows + E in Windows 11/10, you will quickly evoke the File Explorer window. Windows File Explorer can't be better familiar to us Windows users.
Since it's the place where we can check and view Images, Downloads, Music, installed hard disk partitions, and all the primary computer settings there.
In Windows File Explorer, you can create some vital changes to the local disk partitions and removable disks like a memory card, one of which is Format.
Steps to Format SD Card With the Windows File Explorer
Step 1 - Right-click on the attached SD card and choose Format.
Step 2 - On the format window, choose a valid file system among NTFS, FAT32, or exFAT.
Step 3 - Click Start.
- An inbuilt formatting tool for SD cards in all Windows PCs and laptops
- Extremely easy to access and simple to use
- Let users perform a quick format SD card to exFAT, FAT32, or NTFS
- Execute a quick format by default
- Also basic to deal with some sophisticated formatting
- Problems Windows cannot complete the format on SD card very oftentimes
4. Windows Disk Management - Windows Built Formatter
Not all computer users understand Windows Disk Management like professionals. Windows Disk Management is the additional native Windows program that is available in Windows 11/10/8/7.
It allows users to undertake numerous tasks to handle a disk as they like. It arrives with the option of Format.
Possibilities are when you require to format a RAW SD card that is not displaying up in the File Explorer, you can dive into the Disk Management to do the format.
Steps to Format SD Card With the Disk Management
Step 1 - Right-click on This PC and guide to Manage > Disk Management.
Step 2 - Right-click on the SD card, and choose Format.
Step 3 - On the format window, check the box of Perform a quick format, and in an identical way, you need to select a file system and allocation unit size.
Step 4 - Press OK to begin formatting the SD card.
- Especially useful when the SD card is not exhibiting up in File Explorer
- Include but not specified to format SD card, and users can delete a volume as well
- Alter a drive letter and paths
- Comparatively sophisticated to use than different programs
- It can barely format SD card that is corrupted or damaged
5. Windows Diskpart Command Prompt - Admin SD Formatter
Among all the five, only the Windows Command Prompt is presented as an administrator's choice, who has solid computer skill.
Windows Command Prompt is a built-in tool in Windows that can troubleshoot all types of computer issues with different commands.
You can use the diskpart order, for example, to format an internal or external hard drive, USB drive, SD card, etc. This process is somewhat higher-leveled, but so far the most utilized path to tackle some tricky problems.
Steps to Format SD Card With the Diskpart Command
Step 1 - Kind cmd in the search box in Windows 11/10, and then you will obtain the best match Command Prompt. Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
Step 2 - In the command prompt, type diskpart and click Enter.
Step 3 - Sort list disk to list all the available drives and press Enter.
Step 4 - Kind choose disk + disk number to choose the SD card you like to format and press Enter.
Step 5 - Kind list volume and press Enter.
Step 6 - Kind choose volume + volume number and press Enter.
Step 7 - Sort format fs=ntfs and press Enter to format the drive with NTFS or exFAT.
- Each order aims to fix a distinct hard drive problem
- The diskpart command operates at a pro-level that it can check and format SD card that is corrupted or harmed
- Type of risk for average users to operate some complex commands, which can involve computer data or performance
In the above article, we introduced the five best SD Card formatters for windows. You use all these tools and let me know which is the best tool to format an SD Card for the window. I hope you use this tool to give valuable feedback on this article. You can refer this article to your family and friends.